Publications and Products
Download or view IRS publications specific to EITC. Find ordering information here.
You need the free Adobe Reader to view all listed publications. If you do not have the reader software, visit Adobe for a free download.
IMPORTANT NOTE: With the exception of the 2010 and 2011 versions of the Pub 3524, all links are to the most current publication available.
Technical Tax Law Publications (located on irs.gov)
Marketing and Educational Products
- Pub 4877, EITC Bookmark promoting EITC Central - This 2.5 by 7 inch bookmark directs users to EITC Central, to find useful general and specialized tools, including templates, statistics, fact sheets, how-to tips, specialized products and links to other helpful resources. It is a great reference for IRS partners, tax preparers, members of press, government offices, government agencies, employers, and more.
- Pub 4537, EITC Bookmark for Tax Preparers - This 3 by 9 inch bookmark discusses due diligence and ways for a tax preparer to make it easy for clients to receive the EITC they earned. It also directs tax return preparers to various online tools and solutions available for EITC. This bookmark is also available in Braille,* catalog #57242G and in large print,* 57267B.
Stuffers or Small flyers:
- Pub 962, EITC stuffer, Pub 962 SP, EITC stuffer, (Spanish version) - the information on this two-sided 3.675 by 7.5 inch flyer is specific to the current tax year. It promotes awareness of EITC eligibility and where to find additional EITC information. Employers, utility companies, grass-roots organizations, individual business sponsors, government agencies and offices and cities, counties, and municipal agencies can use this publication as an envelope stuffer or handout.
- Pub 962 ENG/SP, EITC stuffer (English on one side; Spanish on the other) catalog #34506V- the information on this 3.675 by 7.5 inch flyer is not specific to the current year but has general EITC eligibility information. Employers, utility companies, grass-roots organizations, individual business sponsors government agencies and offices and cities, counties, and municipal agencies can use this publication as an envelope stuffer or handout. (This publication is also available in Braille* (Catalog #50300J) and large-print*(Catalog #50364D) versions).
- Pub 3211, EITC Q&A Brochure, (English on one side; Spanish on the other) - this 3.75 by 9 inch, eight, page brochure is used as an educational tool and handout at IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers, seminars, workshops, businesses, libraries and other public places to promote awareness of EITC eligibility. It easily fits into a business size envelope. This publication is also offered electronically in the following 8.5 X 11 inch versions: English versione, that matches other electronic versions paragraph by paragraph for comparison, Chinesee, Koreane, Russiane and Vietnamesee.
- Pub 4933, Tax Preparers Guide to Everything Earned Income Tax Credit Onlinee - Use this electronic publication, to easily find the technical information you need to accurately determine if your clients qualify for EITC and meet your due diligence requirements. We have links to all IRS's online tools, information, and guidance for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC.
- Pub 4935, Guide to Everything Earned Income Tax Credit for Individuals Onlinee - is an electronic guide for finding EITC information on line. IRS partners, employers, and government offices and agencies can post this publication on their own web site to help clients find the information they need to determine if they are eligible for EITC and to file accurate EITC claims. This on-line publication describes a topic briefly and then provides a link to irs.gov to find more information.
- Pub 4687, EITC Due Diligence, Pub 4687 SP (Spanish) - This 3.67 by 8.5 inch, 6 page brochure informs paid tax return preparers who file returns with claims for EITC of the EITC due diligence requirements. It also provides information on avoiding common mistakes and locating resources to assist in meeting the requirements.
- Pub 4716 EN/SP, Be Prepared to Get the EITC You Earned, (English on one side; Spanish on the other) - This 3.75 by 9 inch, four page brochure publication informs taxpayers what information and documentation to bring when having their tax return prepared. The publication also informs taxpayers of the importance of providing accurate information to save time and reduce the chance of mistakes. The publication does not have dated text or monetary values.
- Pub 4717 EN/SP, Help your Tax Preparer Get you the Earned Income Tax Credit You Earned (English on one side; Spanish on the other) -this 3.75 by 9 inch, four page brochure informs taxpayers why their preparer asks the questions they do. It informs them of the preparer's due diligence requirements, the importance of providing accurate information and the consequences of not providing the correct information.
- Pub 4808, Pub 4808 SP (Spanish) Disability and EITC - This 3.67 by 8.5 inch, multi-page brochure explains and gives examples of when persons with disabilities or persons who are caretakers of persons with disabilities are eligible for EITC. This publication promotes awareness of this important financial boost to individuals and families. We developed this publication based on suggestions from preparers, social benefits organizations and other organizations both internal and external. This publication is also available in Braille* (Catalog #57234G) and Large Print* (Catalog #57473H).
- Pub 4926, EITC and Due Diligence Made Easy is a DVD that has EITC resources to help preparers meet their EITC due diligence requirements. The DVD includes the Schedule C Training Module and the Tax Forum Due Diligence videos. Find ordering information here.
- Pub 5075e, EITC Awareness Sell-in Sheet, quick electronic Outreach kit to help you capture the attention of those eligible for EITC and motivate them to explore whether they qualify. Also, point them to no-cost options for tax return help-volunteer tax assistance and Free File.
Posters and Tablets:
- Prior Year Pubs 3524 available to view or download only on this site
- Pub 4194 , General EITC Requirements Poster, catalog #37266Y - this 11 by 17 inch poster has general EITC eligibility information, information on what to bring to your preparer to have your return prepared, and information on what to expect from your preparer. This poster is also available in Chinese, P4194CN, Korean, P4194 (KR), Russian, P4194RU, Spanish P 4194 (SP, and Vietnamese, P4194(VN).
- Pub 4298, EITC/E-file/Child Tax Credit 11 X 17 inch poster (English/Spanish). - this poster is designed for display on public transit systems to inform taxpayers of three IRS programs, EITC, E-file and the Child Tax Credit.
- Pub 4718, EITC Employer Poster (English) or Pub 4718SP (Spanish) - this 11X17 inch poster is designed for employers and other organizations to display to provide an important message from the IRS to workers about EITC.
- Pub 3954, Bag Art - this is designed as a reproduction copy for promoting EITC on grocery bags or other media. The art is available in English and Spanishe and English and Chinesee.
- Pub 1620,* Earned Income Tax Credit Folder - this folder can be used to distribute EITC materials and promote EITC eligibility.
*Cannot be ordered online
eElectronic, available for download only
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 10-Dec-2014