If you promote your own, consider promoting federal credit at same time. The more dollars brought into your local economy, the more revenue you collect. And, remember if you don't have a local or state credit, the federal EITC still brings a lot of money into your community increasing the revenue you collect.
- If you earned less than $52,427 in 2014, find out if you qualify for EITC at www.irs.gov/eitc
- If you qualify for (enter name of your credit), find out if you qualify for EITC at www.irs.gov/eitc
Real Estate or Housing Authorities
Reach out to those having problems paying their mortgage or keeping up with home repairs.
- Need helping paying your mortgage or for home repairs? If you earned less than $52,427 in 2014, find out if you qualify for EITC at www.irs.gov/eitc
EITC Key Messages:
EITC: Get it, and get it right
Don’t let EITC errors cost you money
Don’t guess about EITC eligibility; find out with the new and improved EITC Assistant, only at IRS.gov
Choose your tax preparer wisely; EITC errors are costly
Qualify for EITC? See if you also qualify for the Additional Child Tax Credit
Single? No children? EITC still may work for you
You work? Now put EITC to work for you
Free EITC help is available
Vendor regulatory and/or licensing agencies
Reach out to those who are self-employed and to employers.
- If your earnings from a business you own or from a farm is less than $52,427 in 2014, find out if you qualify for EITC at www.irs.gov/eitc
- Do you hire someone to work for you? If they earn less than $52,427 during 2014, make sure they know about EITC. It can boost their income at no cost to you. Find out more at www.irs.gov/eitc
EITC Fast Facts - facts you can use in letters to local editors, newsletter articles, feature stories or on websites and Facebook pages. And facts you can rely on as accurate.
EITC Fact Sheets - Pass along these fact sheets to keep members of your community informed. You can distribute electronically or on paper.
Publications and Products - Download or view IRS publications specific to EITC.
Find out what others are doing