Preparer Due Diligence
Preparers of EITC returns must meet additional due diligence requirements. This section helps you understand the ins and outs of meeting your due diligence requirements and IRS's programs and resources to help you.
Due Diligence Topics
Additional Programs and Resource
- Due Diligence Training Module - this training module, available in both English and Spanish, is interactive training to help you learn your due diligence requirements. There's no cost to you and may qualify you for CE, Continuing Education.
- Due Diligence Videos- the popular EITC Due Diligence videos from the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums gives examples of interview techniques for those prickly due diligence situations.
- Useful examples on how to handle common due diligence situations
- Information and examples on handling the most common EITC errors
- Forms 886 in meeting your due diligence requirements
- IRS Publication 4687, EITC Due Diligence, available in both English and Spanish, provides valuable guidance to help you comply with your EITC due diligence requirements.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 02-Oct-2014