The EITC and Refundable Credit office sponsored three seminars at the 2015 Nationwide Tax Forums. You can still take the seminars online for Continuing Education credit for a fee of $49.00 or audit the seminar for no charge.
ABCs of the Premium Tax Credit
This seminar provides an understanding of shared responsibilities for individual taxpayers and the consequences of non-compliance. The presentation covers the Affordable Care Act tax law for individual returns, what you need to know to help your eligible clients get the most out of the premium tax credit (PTC), and how to avoid the unexpected from a shared responsibility payment. Find out more or view the ABCs of the Premium Tax Credit seminar here.
Be an "A" student on the American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) and other education benefits
Be an "A plus" student on the Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, and go to the "head of the class" on eligibility requirements and documentation. Find out more or view the Be an "A" student on the American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) and other education benefits here.
Watch the following training videos for you or your group. There is no CE credit for these videos:
- How do Educational Institutions Prepare the 1098-T. This is a must see video for educational institutions or their agents. This information is also highly useful for preparers.
- What Information Do You Need to Claim an Education Credit? Preparers and individuals will benefit from the information.
- What you need to prepare your tax return. Preparers and individuals will benefit from this information.
EITC Due Diligence – It’s Everyone’s Business
Learn about the most complex Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) due diligence dilemmas preparers face as well as the most common due diligence mistakes preparers make. This seminar also examines the most recent IRS due diligence compliance efforts. Find out more or view the EITC Due Diligence – It’s Everyone’s Business seminar here.
Watch the following training videos for you or your group. There is no CE credit for these videos. The videos describe various due diligence scenarios:
- Videos one and two cover Schedule C issues.
- Videos three and four cover relationship and residency issues.
- Videos five and six cover other due diligence requirements.