Tools and Tips at Your Fingertips
- Avoid having your clients' returns reject by reviewing our tips on preventing the most common processing errors.
- Review many helpful examples to assist you in complying with the EITC due diligence knowledge requirement on our Handling Most Common Due Diligence Situations page. Examples cover a variety of EITC issues including filing status, valid Social Security numbers, qualifying children, Schedule C filers, and more.
- As you prepare EITC returns, avoid the three most common EITC errors which count for more than 60 percent EITC errors. See our Handling the Most Common Errors
- Due Diligence on the go! Publication 4687, EITC Due Diligence, is a guide to help you comply with your EITC due diligence requirements. Also, available in Spanish, Publication 4687 SP.
- Your clients can find out if they are eligible for the EITC, Earned Income Tax Credit by answering some questions and providing basic income information using the EITC Assistant on irs.gov.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 17-Apr-2017