The IRS has established a special page on IRS.gov focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses, tax-exempt organizations and others affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Now it is easier to spread the word about the Earned Income Tax Credit
The Partner Toolkit provides promotional material, so you do not have to be an expert marketer. The toolkit will help you create professional outreach products that will encourage your audience to learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
You will find useful general and specialized marketing tools, including templates, statistics, fact sheets, how-to tips, specialized products and links to other helpful resources. Also, the toolkit includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube social media products to help you reach out to your target community – check it out!
We welcome your comments and suggestions on ways the IRS can improve the Partner Toolkit to meet your needs. We also want to hear about your own best practices so that we can share them with our partners and other interested stakeholders. Provide your feedback here.
Find the latest news for refundable credits on What's Hot?
What Can We Help You Find?
- Find information on EITC Awareness Day.
- Find new key communication messages, available in both English and Spanish.
- Jump start your EITC Campaign with tried and true tips or use our EITC outreach toolkit for simple ideas on how to get the word out about the EITC.
- Discover how to make your EITC communication budget go further with new, free Grab-and-Go products, such as audio files, sample newsletter articles, news releases, tweets and banners ads.
- Visit the Basic Marketing & Communication Materials page for links to resources that will help spread the word about the EITC.
- Find information on Address Changes. Taxpayers should keep their address up to date with the Internal Revenue Service. This will minimize delays in the receipt of IRS letters or refunds.
- Statistics for Tax Return with EITC - This resource shows the number of eligible workers that claimed EITC last year and average amount each taxpayer received per state.
- The EITC Assistant - The recently redesigned application, available in English and Spanish, now makes it easier for taxpayers to determine whether they are eligible for the EITC.
- Tax Preparer Toolkit - The toolkit helps tax professionals prepare quality returns for their clients and practice due diligence.