ALERT: This site will not be available Thursday, April 25, 2019 from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. Eastern Standard Time
Everything you need, all in one place for the earned income tax credit (EITC), child tax credit/additional child tax credit/credit for other dependents (CTC/ACTC/ODC), and the American opportunity tax credit (AOTC) and head of household (HOH) filing status.
We created this site for our valued IRS partners, employers, government agencies and office, and tax preparers. You can ensure all EITC eligible workers and those eligible to the CTC/ACTC/ODC AOTC or the HOH filing status receive the credit they earned and deserve by keeping informed and using the latest tools for marketing, education, and tax return preparation.
IRS's goals are to increase participation while reducing error. The resources on this site help balance the goals, assisting you in reaching those who qualify for the credit and preparing accurate returns which reduces claims made in error.
We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can better meet your needs and on improving this site.
What Can We Help You Find?
- Hot Topics--Watch this page for all the latest news on the Due Diligence requirements for the EITC, CTC/ACTC/ODC, AOTC and HOH filing status.
- EITC information including "Do I Qualify for EITC" and "How do I Claim EITC" (multilingual).
- Qualifying and eligibility information for Education Credits
- Information on EITC and Refundable Credits at the Nationwide Tax Forums.
- Find out what EITC Awareness Day is all about and how to get involved.
- Information tailored for you:
- Take the EITC Due Diligence Training Module online. This module covers the technical parts of the Due Diligence must do's and contains scenarios to walk you through examples of applying due diligence requirements. Complete the course, pass the test, and print a certificate of completion. You may also receive Continuing Education credit.
- Curso en español de Capacitación para la Práctica de Diligencia Debida. Este curso de capacitación del EITC (Crédito Tributario por Ingreso del Trabajo, por sus siglas en inglés) ha sido diseñado para ayudar al profesional de impuestos a entender mejor el crédito y sus responsabilidades bajo las reglas de Diligencia Debida del EITC. Usted podría obtener créditos de educación continua (CE) con este curso.
- Refundable Credit Outreach - All the resources you need to help promote EITC and EITC Awareness Day in one central location.
- EITC for Tax Preparers
Find the latest bulletins, forms, EITC qualifying information, the newly launched EITC Due Diligence Training Module and more right here.
- Marketing Express Delivering the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) message to your clients and advertising your volunteer income tax assistance sites is now easier.
- The EITC Assistant - Is an online tool available in English and Spanish to help you determine if a taxpayer is eligible for EITC.