Download or view IRS publications specific to refundable credits, EITC, ACTC and AOTC . Find out how to order here.
You need the free Adobe Reader to view all listed publications. If you do not have the reader software, visit Adobe for a free download.
IMPORTANT NOTE: With the exception of the 2015, 2014 and 2013 versions of the Pub 3524, all links are to the most current publication available.
Technical Tax Law Publications
Marketing and Educational Products
Stuffers or Small flyers:
- Pub 962, EITC stuffer, Pub 962 SP, EITC stuffer, (Spanish version) - the information on this two-sided 3.675 by 7.5 inch flyer is specific to the current tax year. It promotes awareness of EITC eligibility and where to find additional EITC information. employers, utility companies, grass-roots organizations, individual business sponsors, government agencies and offices and cities, counties, and municipal agencies can use this publication as an envelope stuffer or handout.
- Pub 962 ENG/SP, EITC stuffer (English on one side; Spanish on the other) - the information on this 3.675 by 7.5 inch flyer is not specific to the current year but has general EITC eligibility information. Employers, utility companies, grass-roots organizations, individual business sponsors government agencies and offices and cities, counties, and municipal agencies can use this publication as an envelope stuffer or handout.
- Pub 3211 EN-SP, Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Q&A - this 3.75 by 9 inch, eight, page brochure with English on one side; Spanish on the other is used as an educational tool and handout at IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers, seminars, workshops, businesses, libraries and other public places to promote awareness of EITC eligibility. It easily fits into a business size envelope. This publication is also offered electronically in the following 8.5 X 11 inch versions: English versione, that matches other electronic versions paragraph by paragraph for comparison, Chinesee, Koreane, Russiane and Vietnamesee.
- Pub 4933,Tax Preparers Guide to Everything Earned Income Tax Credit Online -- use this electronic publication, to easily find the technical information you need to accurately determine if your clients qualify for EITC and meet your due diligence requirements. We have links to all IRS's online tools, information, and guidance for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC.
- Pub 4935, Guide to Everything Earned Income Tax Credit for Individuals Online is an electronic guide for finding EITC information on line. IRS partners, employers, and government offices and agencies can post this publication on their own web site to help clients find the information they need to determine if they are eligible for EITC and to file accurate EITC claims. This on-line publication describes a topic briefly and then provides a link to irs.gov to more information.
- Pub 4687, EITC Due Diligence, Pub 4687 SP (Spanish) - This 3.67 by 8.5 inch, 6 page brochure informs paid tax return preparers who file returns with claims for EITC of the EITC due diligence requirements. It also provides information on avoiding common mistakes and locating resources to assist in meeting the requirements.
- Pub 4716 EN/SP, Be Prepared to Get the EITC You Earned, (English on one side; Spanish on the other) - This 3.75 by 9 inch, four page brochure publication informs taxpayers what information and documentation to bring when having their tax return prepared. The publication also informs taxpayers of the importance of providing accurate information to save time and reduce the chance of mistakes. The publication does not have dated text or monetary values.
- Pub 4717 EN/SP, Help your Tax Preparer Get you the Earned Income Tax Credit You Earned (English on one side; Spanish on the other) -this 3.75 by 9 inch, four page brochure informs taxpayers why their preparer asks the questions they do. It informs them of the preparer's due diligence requirements, the importance of providing accurate information and the consequences of not providing the correct information.
- Pub 4808, Disability and EITC Pub 4808 SP (Spanish) - This 3.67 by 8.5 inch, multi-page brochure explains and gives examples of when persons with disabilities or persons who are caretakers of persons with disabilities are eligible for EITC. This publication promotes awareness of this important financial boost to individuals and families. We developed this publication based on suggestions from preparers, social benefits organizations and other organizations both internal and external.
- Pub 5075 EITC Outreach Toolkit - a quick electronic outreach tool to help you capture the attention of those eligible for EITC and motivate them to explore whether they qualify. Also, point them to no-cost options for tax return help-volunteer tax assistance and Free File.
- Pub 3524, EITC Eligibility Checklist - this 11 by 17 inch poster is designed for distribution to tax return preparers and other tax professionals to use as an educational tool to explain EITC eligibility requirements to their clients. Also available in Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
- Pub 3535, Social Security Card Poster - this 11 by 17 inch poster shows a valid for employment Social Security card and discusses EITC eligibility requiring a SSN. that is valid for employment. Also available in Chinese, P 3535 (CN), Korean, P 3535 (KR), Russian, P3535(RU), Spanish, P3535 (SP) and Vietnamese, P3535(VN)
- Pub 4194 , General EITC Requirements Poster - this 11 by 17 inch poster has general EITC eligibility information, information on what to bring to your preparer to have your return prepared, and information on what to expect from your preparer. This poster is also available in Chinese, P4194CN, Korean, P4194 (KR), Russian, P4194RU, Spanish P 4194 (SP, and Vietnamese, P4194(VN).
- Pub 4298, EITC/E-file/Child Tax Credit 11 X 17 inch poster (English/Spanish). - this poster is designed for display on public transit systems to inform taxpayers of three IRS programs, EITC, E-file and the Child Tax Credit.
- Pub 4718, EITC Employer Poster (English) or Pub 4718SP (Spanish) - this 11X17 inch poster is designed for employers and other organizations to display to provide an important message from the IRS to workers about EITC.
*Cannot be ordered online
eElectronic, available for download only