Your colleagues have asked IRS numerous questions related to EITC and other credits. We hope our answers will guide you to the right answer for similar situations. The questions and our answers fall under the following topics:
- Who is a Qualifying Child for EITC and CTC
- American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) and Lifetime Learning Credit
- EITC, CTC/ACTC/ODC and AOTC Basic Qualifications
- Divorced and Separated Parents
- Credit and Head of Household (HOH) Filing Status Due Diligence
- Earned Income including W-2 income, Self-employment Income and Business Expense
- Qualifying Child of More than One Person, AGI and Tiebreaker Rules
Get answers to questions your clients frequently ask about refundable credits and EITC--What is earned income? What happens if my credit was previously disallowed? How do I claim the credit after it was denied? and more
Find the answers to the questions clients ask about EITC.
If you haven't found the answer to your question, please submit your question to our mailbox. If it is asked frequently, we will add the topic to the site.