Whether you go to a volunteer return preparation site or a professional tax return preparer, you should bring certain documents to show all your income and expenses and support all your credits, deductions and dependents or qualifying children.
Bring the following to make sure your return is correct:
- Valid driver's license or photo identification for both you and your spouse (if married).
- Social security cards, a social security number verification letter for all persons listed on the return.
- Birth dates for all persons listed on return.
- Copies of last year's state and federal tax returns, if you have them.
- All income statements: Forms W-2 and 1099, Social Security, unemployment and other statements, such as pensions, stocks, interest and any documents showing taxes withheld. If you own or run a business or farm, collect records of all your income.
- All records of expenses, such as tuition, mortgage interest, or real estate taxes. If you own or run a business or farm, collect records of all your expenses.
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers to direct deposit any refund.
- Dependent child care information: name and address of paid caretakers and either their Social Security number or other tax identification number.
- If you purchased coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.
Include the EITC Logo on Your Fact Sheet
Add the EITC logo with the "Life's Easier with EITC" tag line to your fact sheet. See our EITC Logo Guidelines to ensure you are using the logo properly and for directions on including.