Scroll down for these topics:
- Find out About Your Refundable Credit Due Diligence Requirements
- Connect Your Social Network to Increase Awareness of the EITC, the CTC/ACTC and the AOTC
- Partner Outreach Corner on irs.gov
- Educational Opportunities
- Guide for Everything EITC for Individuals Online
- Choose a Tax Preparer Wisely
Find out About Your Refundable Credit Due Diligence Requirements
Paid preparers who complete returns claiming the earned income tax credit (EITC), child tax credit (CTC) refundable portion of the CTC, additional child tax credit (ACTC), credit for other dependents (ODC), American opportunity tax credit (AOTC) and head of household (HOH) filing status must meet due diligence requirements. For more information see Refundable Credit Due Diligence Law.
Connect Your Social Network to Increase Awareness of the EITC, the CTC/ACTC and the AOTC
Visit our social network page for grab-and-go social media tools including EITC tweets, banner ads, Facebook ads, podcasts and more.
Partner Outreach Corner on irs.gov
The IRS Partner Outreach Corner on irs.gov offers you electronic communication materials to use in reaching out to the people you serve. Get free news you can use each month, targeted by time of year to coincide with what your customers, employees, volunteers, etc. need to know about new tax law legislation, IRS events and other activities that affect them. You can use these items on your websites, in electronic products, publications, etc. as needed. Visit the Partner and Volunteer Outreach Corner on irs.gov.
Find out more about educational opportunities for finding out more about refundable credit eligibility rules, tax law and regulations updates, return preparer’s due diligence requirements and more. Many of the opportunities offer continuing education credits.
- If you missed the nationwide tax forums, you can still audit or take the seminars on line for continuing education credit.
- More Educational Opportunities
Guide to Everything Earned Income Tax Credit for Individuals Online
Post a link to, or download this electronic guide for finding EITC information on line. Pub 4935, Guide to Everything Earned Income Tax Credit for Individuals Online helps you find the information you need to determine eligibility for EITC and how to file accurate EITC claims. This publication describes a topic briefly and then provides a link to an on-line resource for more information. We also have an electronic guide for return preparers, find the guide, Pub 4933, Tax Preparers Guide to Everything Earned Income Tax Credit Online here.
Choose a Tax Preparer Wisely
IRS Urges Taxpayers to Choose a Tax Preparer Wisely for the Filing Season Ahead. Find tips for choosing a tax return preparer here or view the IRS videos on YouTube:
- Visit Help Tax Help for Victims of Natural Disasters
- Visit our Hot Topics for Return Preparers for what's new in the return preparer world.
- And. see our What's Hot Archived Topics