IMPORTANT NOTE: All links are to the most current electronic publications. The publications are for download only; you cannot order.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view all listed publications. If you do not have the reader software, visit Adobe for a free download.
Electronic Resource Guides
Publication 5081, Education Credits Online Resource Guide - an online flyer directing you to education credit resources.
Publication 4982, Tuition Statements Flyer--online flyer which provides information worth knowing to educational institutions about who has to file and how to file Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement.
Tweets—do you have a Twitter/X Account? If so, tweet or retweet our informational messages or create your own. If not, create an account today.
Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education--explains tax benefits that may be available for students and/or their families. Most benefits apply to higher education only. It covers:
- Scholarships, grants and tuition reductions
- Education credits, American Opportunity Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit
- Student loan interest deduction
- Student loan cancellations and repayment assistance
- Coverdell Education Savings Account-Coverdell ESA
- Qualified tuition programs-QTP
- Education exception to additional tax on early IRA distributions
- Education savings bond program
- Employer-provided educational assistance
- Business deduction for work-related education
Publication 519, The U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens, helps to determine citizenship or residency status
Forms & Instructions
Education Tax Credit Resources
Find out who qualifies for the Education Credits
Find the latest news for refundable credits on What's Hot?
Compare the AOTC and the LLC side by side on our Compare Education Credits chart
Whether you are involved in education, interact with students or parents of students or are a tax return preparer, find out What You Need to Know about AOTC and LLC
Find out how to Avoid Common AOTC Errors